- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Atlanta Athletic Club
The Atlanta Athletic Club, (AAC), founded in 1898, is a world-renowned private athletic club in Johns Creek, Georgia, a suburb 23 miles north of Atlanta, Georgia. The original home of the club was a 10-story building located on Carnegie Way, and in 1904 a golf course was built on Atlanta's East Lake property. In 1908, John Heisman (the Georgia Tech coach for whom the Heisman Trophy was named) was hired as the AAC athletic director. - Source: Wikipedia
Jason Dufner doesn't have the same set of skills as Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott, though his career has shared the same path _ from a memorable collapse at a major championship to redemption in pretty short order.
The final moments Saturday at Oak Hill brought out more emotion as big putts kept falling in the PGA Championship, with one big difference. These putts were for par.
Rory McIlroy already was 5 over for his round and appeared headed to another short week in a major. He finished with four birdies on the last eight holes, including a 40-foot putt from off the green, and achieved a first in his PGA Tour career.
Jason Dufner got on quite a roll after he holed out from the fairway for an eagle at the second hole.
How well do you know the PGA Championship? Try this trivia quiz:
Adam Scott and Steve Stricker don't have much in common except for how infrequently they play golf tournaments.
The putt was meaningless because it was the final hole of a pro-am in what amounts to an 18-man exhibition at the end of the year, even though ranking points are available at the World Challenge. But it was hard not to look at the end of the putter pressed into the belly of Keegan Bradley.
The PGA Championship has delivered its share of unlikely winners over the years, particularly one stretch in the 1990s when eight of its 10 champions that decade won their first major.
Being the last of the four majors does not mean the PGA Championship lacks excitement.
Facts and figures for the PGA Championship:
The expectations came back before Tiger Woods did.
Keegan Bradley doesn't get all the fuss about being a Masters rookie.
Keegan Bradley had heard about the difficulty of The Ocean Course _ and agreed with everything he'd been told after taking his first crack at the site where he'll defend his PGA Championship title this summer.
There wasn't much that separated Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele last year.