- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Latest Atlanta Braves Items
Three teams, two NL playoff spots open, one day left in the regular season. A look at the NL West and wild-card scenarios as the San Francisco Giants (91-69), San Diego Padres (90-71) and Atlanta Braves (90-71) head into Sunday's games:
Bobby Cox reached behind his sunglasses to dab his eyes a few times on Saturday as the Atlanta Braves paid tribute to their longtime manager.
Take away the walks, and maybe the Atlanta Braves throw a shutout. Or get just one hit when there are a couple of men on base, and the Braves almost certainly win.
The Atlanta Braves have summoned a minor league pitcher who's never been in the majors to start the opener of a key three-game series at Philadelphia.
Light-hitting Justin Maxwell's grand slam off rookie Mike Minor in the second inning powered the last-place Washington Nationals over Atlanta 4-2 Wednesday and sent the Braves to only their second home series loss this season.
Livan Hernandez homered and limited Atlanta to five hits in eight innings Tuesday night to help the Washington Nationals to a 6-0 win over the Braves, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Atlanta Braves scored six runs in the sixth inning, sending 10 hitters to the plate and taking advantage of a dropped fly ball by right fielder Jon Jay to rally for a much-needed 8-5 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night.
Retiring Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox has received an assortment of going-away gifts this year from other teams, including a Wrigley Field seat and an autographed Stan Musial photo.
The NL East-leading Atlanta Braves have put touted prospect Freddie Freeman in the starting lineup for his major league debut.