- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Atp Tour
Fish's 2-6, 6-1, 6-3 comeback against Matthew Ebden of Australia at Rock Creek Park on Monday was his first victory since March and only his second since last fall's U.S. Open.
Nadal improved to a career-best 17-1 on the year, including 14 straight match wins. He's won three titles — two on clay while runner-up in another on his favorite surface — since returning from a left knee injury.
Del Potro snapped his own four-match skid against Djokovic, who had beaten the Argentine in eight of 10 career meetings.
Former ATP tour player Carsten Arriens has been appointed Germany's new Davis Cup captain.
Roger Federer overcame Rafael Nadal and the rain for a 6-3, 6-4 semifinal victory in the BNP Paribas Open on Saturday night, acing Nadal on a match point that was delayed a couple minutes by rain drops.
Some players at the BNP Paribas Open say chair umpires need to be more diligent about enforcing rules about time allowed between points.
Andy Roddick's return from injury lasted all of two matches.
Top-seed Gael Monfils has withdrawn from the SAP Open because of right knee inflammation, even though he never played a meaningful match in San Jose.
In a white shirt and hat on a sunny Tokyo afternoon, he looks like Andy Roddick, walks like Roddick, serves like Roddick, and even cocks his forehand before unloading winners, just like Roddick.
Pete Sampras held up his hands in apology when his shot ticked off the net and fell in for a winner to give him triple match point against Andre Agassi.
Roger Federer believes a shortened ATP Tour season would benefit players and tournament organizers.
New Haven's professional tennis tournament is becoming a women's-only event, with Yale University and a couple of major corporations replacing a single title sponsor.
Some of the top players in tennis are heading to Yale this week for the final tournament before the U.S. Open _ along with representatives of about a half-dozen companies being wooed in an effort to keep the event alive.
No. 2 seed John Isner fought through another final-set tiebreaker with a 4-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (7) victory over Gilles Muller of Luxembourg in the second round of the Atlanta Tennis Championships on Wednesday night.
It's always subtle. Preceded by a glance, it has the understated, almost cool resemblance to a reluctant greeting.