- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Au
Members of the African Union accused the International Criminal Court of racism on Monday, characterizing the high number of Africans who are indicted — 99 percent of the ICC cases — as proof that justice is not being served.
The soldiers who staged a mutiny over the weekend near Madagascar's main airport were paid to take up the revolt, the head of security for the island's capital said Wednesday.
African troops are targeting the Somali port city of Kismayo, the last main town controlled by al-Shabab terrorists, after driving the al Qaeda-linked rebels out of strongholds across a nation afflicted by 20 years of instability, war and famine.
The African Union on Tuesday suspended Guinea-Bissau after a coup and arrests of top officials, and said they may impose sanctions on coup leaders and supporters in the tiny West African nation.
The African Union sought U.N. approval Thursday for a naval and air blockade of Somalia plus more troops and aid to fend off piracy and terrorism in the struggling Horn of Africa nation.
Sudanese Foreign Minister Lam Akol Ajawin said yesterday that his government would announce on Monday whether it will accept a United Nations and African Union plan to put 23,000 peacekeeping troops in Darfur.