- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Auguste Renoir
Paintings, jewelry and fashions belonging to the late Elizabeth Taylor have sold for more than $183 million, with all of the more than 1,800 items on offer snapped up, Christie's auction house said Thursday.
A Vincent van Gogh landscape and other paintings from the collection of Elizabeth Taylor are up for auction in London next month.
A Vincent van Gogh landscape and other paintings from the collection of Elizabeth Taylor will go up for auction in London next month.
A Vincent van Gogh landscape and other paintings from the collection of Elizabeth Taylor will be auctioned in London next month.
Where is everything? That could well be the first reaction of visitors to the renovated galleries of impressionist and post-impressionist paintings at the National Gallery of Art when they reopen to the public Jan 29.
The Louvre's biggest attraction is the "Mona Lisa"; at the Prado Museum in Madrid, Velasquez's "Las Meninas" draws the large admiring crowds; at the National Gallery of Art, the top draw is a painting of ... cakes?