- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Austria Items
The government says it's trying to cure poor Hungarians of a gambling addiction. The gambling industry says that authorities are trying to seize control of a lucrative pastime.
His blood could boil. His lungs could overinflate. The vessels in his brain could burst. His eyes could hemorrhage.
Living space in Braunau is scarce, but an imposing Renaissance-era building stands empty in this post-card-pretty Austrian town because of the sinister shadow cast by a former tenant: Adolf Hitler.
Researchers say a Nazi-backed expedition to Tibet returned to Germany in 1938 with an ancient Buddhist statue that was carved from a meteorite.
Orders for the iPhone 5 topped 2 million in the first 24 hours after Apple Inc. started taking them at midnight Pacific time Friday. That's more than double the number of orders for the iPhone 4S on its first full day.
Angry protests over an anti-Islam film spread across the Muslim world Friday, with demonstrators scaling the walls of U.S. embassies in Tunisia and Sudan, torching part of a German embassy and clashing with security forces at an American fast-food restaurant that was set ablaze in northern Lebanon.
Greece may get more time to cut its budget, its creditors indicated Friday in another sign of increasing flexibility and optimism across the 17 countries that use the euro, while Spain appeared to be inching closer to making a formal request for financial assistance.
The U.S. and its Western allies have persuaded Russia and China to support a resolution critical of Iran's nuclear defiance in the intention of showing Israel that diplomacy is an alternative to military force in pressuring Tehran, diplomats said Wednesday.
The new iPhone 5 is actually the sixth iPhone model.