- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Auto Club Speedway
Latest Auto Club Speedway Items
After an offseason spent recommitting himself to racing, Marco Andretti was rewarded with the best season of his IndyCar career.
The third surgery on Tony Stewart's broken right leg was for an infection that "popped up" after the three-time NASCAR champion had begun walking a bit again.
Roger Penske, needing nothing short of a miracle for Helio Castroneves to win the IndyCar title in next week's season finale, will run a third car for AJ Allmendinger in what's presumed to be a strategic move to aid their championship chances.
Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti was released from a Houston hospital Thursday, four days after fracturing his spine and breaking his right ankle in an IndyCar Series crash.
Alex Tagliani has mixed feelings about replacing three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti in the Oct. 19 season-ending IndyCar race at Fontana.
Mike Conway is certain it will take him only one lap to get up to speed at Long Beach, and he believes he's a threat to win Sunday's race.
Will Power returned to Fontana last December, yearning to know why he had crashed in the IndyCar season finale. He hopped into a street car and drove around Auto Club Speedway to the exact spot that cost him the championship.
Denny Hamlin has won the pole for the second straight year at Fontana, turning a lap of 187.451 mph in his Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.
Tony Stewart has started to fill some of the sponsorship gaps on his schedule.