- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Avery Johnson Items
After spending $350 million to upgrade their roster last summer, the Brooklyn Nets will start this offseason by looking for a coach.
Here's where Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov can show much better instincts than the Lakers' ownership duo of Jerry and Jimmy Buss when it comes to making Phil Jackson their team's next coach.
Skiing in Canada is postponed. Mikhail Prokhorov's new agenda calls for lunch with his basketball coach.
Coach of the month in November, out of a job by New Year's.
Avery Johnson was fired Thursday as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who have fallen to .500 in their season of new surroundings and elevated expectations.
Avery Johnson has been fired as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who have lost 10 of 13 games to drop to .500.
With 32 seconds left to play, and the Brooklyn Nets leading the Washington Wizards by 10 points, the announced crowd of 14,219 came to their feet and gave the players a standing ovation. It continued through the final buzzer, a 98-88 win for the Nets.
The Brooklyn Nets are open for business. The team's formal attire will be black and white.
With the prospect of a trade for Dwight Howard fading and the season opener less than a week away, New Jersey Nets coach Avery Johnson was getting a feel for his team.