- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Avis Budget Group Inc.
Avis Budget Group, Inc. operates two of the most recognized brands in the global vehicle rental industry through Avis Rent A Car System, LLC (Avis), Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. (Budget) and Budget Truck Rental, LLC (Budget Truck). Avis is a leading supplier to the premium commercial and leisure segments of the travel industry, and Budget is a leading supplier to price-conscious car rental segments. - Source: Wikipedia
Avis is buying Zipcar for $491.2 million, expanding its offerings from traditional car rentals to car sharing services.
Avis is leaping into the car-sharing service business by buying Zipcar for $491.2 million, aiming to capture a new type of customer and technology that will vastly expand its car-rental options.
Dollar Thrifty has accepted a new bid of about $1.43 billion from Hertz, which is battling Avis for the rental car company.