- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
ballou high school
Latest ballou high school Items
An audit released Monday shows enrollment in the District's traditional public schools decreased slightly from 2010 to 2011, despite significant population growth in the city.
An explosion of gunfire outside two D.C. elementary schools Thursday morning left three teenagers hospitalized and sent parents scrambling to retrieve their children, who were locked down in the two Congress Heights facilities.
After millions of dollars in infrastructure investment and years of sharply scrutinized teacher performance, D.C. officials say it's time for students to step up their game this school year.
I am a student at American University. On a recent visit to Ballou Senior High School in Southeast Washington as part of a project addressing education reform, it became apparent that the poorest public high school in Washington was last in line for improvement.
Nearly six months into his term, D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray is striking a firm tone on the economic pillar of his One City plan and looking to rebound from the scandals that have surrounded the John A. Wilson Building.
Today marks the 15th anniversary of the D.C. School Reform Act's passage. This gives public funding to charter schools and a chance at a good education to thousands of children otherwise doomed to attending notoriously poor D.C. public schools.
In the early years of the Thunderbird, the body styles were changed every three years, the fourth generation being built during 1964, 1965 and 1966.