- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Baptist Items
An organ donation group says more than 100,000 people used a Facebook feature on its first day to declare they are donors.
When his best friend took a shine to the girl Jerry Falwell wanted to court, Falwell volunteered to mail his friend's love letters, and threw them away, mailing his own. The girl was his friend's fiancee. It worked, and in 1958 Mr. Falwell married Macel Pate, to whom he was devoted until the day he died of a heart attack at age 73 in his Liberty University office on May 15, 2007.
Agents from the FBI and criminal investigators from the Internal Revenue Service this month visited a Capitol Heights print shop whose owner says he received far less in payments for yard signs in 2010 than D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray's campaign officials reported to city officials, The Washington Times confirmed this week.
The GOP presidential candidates are fighting to win over conservative voters in the Bible Belt as the race takes on a more prominent Southern focus.
President Obama celebrated the groundbreaking of the new National Museum of African American History and Culture on Wednesday, saying it will remind all Americans of the ordeals and triumphs of blacks.
Some Southern Baptists worry that their denomination's name still carries the stigma of a 19th-century split with northern Baptists over slavery. Others who fought hard to build the brand and its conservative theology and politics don't want to see it go.
Kevin Costner is remembering his "Bodyguard" co-star Whitney Houston for her ability to overcome her doubts to achieve greatness and for her distinctive talent.
Investigators worked Sunday to piece together what killed Whitney Houston as the music industry's biggest names gathered for a Grammy Awards show that at times felt as much like a memorial as a celebration.
A coroner's official says Whitney Houston was found in a hotel bathtub but it'll take weeks to determine precisely how she died.