- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Barack Obama Items
The aftershocks of last week's electoral earthquake continue to be felt. Yet the shake-up at the national level tells only half the story. Voters showed their displeasure with the country's direction with their votes on ballot-box battles centered far outside the Beltway.
The Obama administration said Friday it will cut premiums and upgrade coverage in a new health plan for people with medical problems, because enrollment has been disappointingly low.
It was the economy that drove the Democrats out and a Republican majority in. Specifically, it was the failure of President Obama's "stimulus" package to stimulate the economy enough to bring the unemployment rate down. Now a lame-duck 111th Congress is going to have to decide what to do. The Republican-led 112th Congress will confront the same questions when it convenes in January. Before making more decisions about economic stimulus, we should be absolutely clear why the huge stimulus program failed.
Fox News Channel more than doubled the audience it had for the 2006 midterm election.
When the Obama administration dangled $4.35 billion in Race to the Top (RTTT) funds before money-hungry public school systems around the country, educators and politicians in most states reacted as if it were free money for simply singing the school-change tunes the feds wanted to hear.
One of the most important lessons of political history is that the cover-up is usually worse than the crime. President Obama ought to take note of this as he heads into the next two years of divided government and before he finds his administration mired in unnecessary legal battles.
President Obama is pressing for the ratification of an arms control treaty with Russia when the Senate returns for a lame-duck session on Nov. 15.
Obamacare quickly emerged as the first major issue of the congressional transition. The president says tweak it. We say scrap it.
President Obama has once again stolen from the elderly and disabled Medicare patients in order to support noncontributing Americans under Medicaid.