- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Latest Barack Obama Items
A continuing weak economy and last month's bipartisan tax cut legislation will drive the government's deficit to a record $1.5 trillion this year, a new government estimates predicts. The eye-popping numbers mean the government will continue to borrow 40 cents for every dollar it spends.
President Obama's announcement on Tuesday that “this is our generation’s Sputnik moment” came across as puzzling. Had al Qaeda sent a suicide bomber into space? But it turned out to be just a clumsy metaphor.
The Obama administration on Wednesday voiced its support for the Egyptian people's rights to freedom of expression and assembly, as a second day of protests in Cairo saw police using tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse stone-throwing demonstrators.
I don't put much stock in presidential State of the Union speeches. Last night's speech by President Obama was no exception - flat and uninspiring, especially in comparison to his powerful Tucson speech.
The National Academies on Tuesday pointed out in a new report that American students still rank only in the middle of the pack when compared with their peers abroad and do poorly in applying science and math concepts.
The subheadline of your Jan. 21 editorial "Glum and glummer" (Comment & Analysis), "Obama policies are keeping the economy down," is a tragic truth. Near the end of the editorial is a list of President Obama's accomplishments that illustrate this truth. Given this context, how absolutely stunned I was to read, "Mr. Obama has yet to realize that he is the problem."
Our national debt has been increased by $3.4 trillion under President Obama during two years in office. The new, $14.1 trillion debt is the greatest threat to America's security, according to our military leaders.
House Speaker John A. Boehner plans to meet President Obama's call for bipartisanship and education reform with legislation that would "totally revive" the D.C. voucher program, which the president killed in 2009.
"I've seen the people at 4 o'clock in the morning, waiting, hoping that they would win a seat for their child in a better school. This is not fair. Parents deserve more choices."