- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Barack Obama Items
President Obama's Senate allies are taking one last run at advancing what's left of his tattered jobs agenda.
Politicians and scholars who challenge the conventional thinking on military and foreign policy are often dismissed as out-of-the-mainstream isolationists. It would be unfortunate if that is the fate of Andrew J. Bacevich. His engaging and insightful book is a timely analysis and critique of contemporary and historical defense policies.
President Obama said Monday the U.S. will stick to its timetable to have combat troops out of Iraq later this month and all U.S. troops out by the end of next year, even as some experts say Iraq's military is not yet strong enough to take control of the security situation and its political progress is too slow.
President Obama will set a course Monday for the nation's changing mission in Iraq as the military prepares to end its combat operations there.
The federal government's dismissal of voter intimidation charges against the New Black Panther Party has not only stirred debate at the national level and among various media outlets, but created a firestorm within the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, which has announced a separate investigation of the matter.
President Obama said the U.S. is on track to have all combat troops out of Iraq by the end of this month and all troops gone from the country by the end of next year -- even as it has been gripped by a recent spate of violence and a political stalemate.
President Obama says Republican leaders haven't come up with "a single, solitary new idea" to help the American people recover from the economic recession.
A federal judge on Monday refused to dismiss a challenge by the state of Virginia to President Obama's landmark health care reform law, a setback that will force his administration to mount a lengthy legal defense.
It's the "worst environmental disaster America has ever faced," as President Obama describes it. Lesser mortals call it a "catastrophe" and "calamity." Some call the Gulf oil leak "doomsday for the Gulf of Mexico."