- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Barack Obama Items
Desperate for jobs and cool toward President Obama, working-class whites are flocking to Republicans, turning a group long wary of Democrats into an even bigger impediment to the party's drive to keep control of Congress.
The suggestion that President Obama is considering seeking re-election with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as his running mate instead of Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in 2012 is "absolutely not true," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday.
Black ministers, politicians and business leaders are scrambling to unify their community behind a single candidate in Chicago's wide-open mayoral race, which already features former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, as many as four congressmen and a sheriff among those considering a run.
Taiwan urgently needs newer model F-16 jet fighters to bolster its air defenses and overall security because of growing missile and aircraft threats from China, Taiwan's deputy defense minister said Wednesday.
President Obama's new immigration enforcement strategy led to a record number of criminal aliens being deported last year, but removals of other illegal immigrants fell to the lowest rate since 2007, before the Bush administration began a crackdown.
Taliban officials have engaged in periodic, discreet contacts with Afghan and U.S. officials for months but are unwilling to move to formal peace negotiations until the U.S. agrees to a timetable for the withdrawal of all foreign troops, according to a Pakistani intelligence official and members of a newly formed Afghan peace council.
President Obama once again insults Americans with his appointment of Elizabeth Warren as yet another executive-branch "czar" to direct the Orwellian Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Gov. Joe Manchin's aides filed suit Wednesday against Obama administration coal-mining policies as the West Virginia Democrat wages an unexpectedly fierce Senate race against a Republican who paints him as a rubber stamp for the president.
President Obama on Wednesday honored the sacrifice of an Army Green Beret who died in Afghanistan, awarding him the nation's highest military honor — the Medal of Honor — in a solemn East Room ceremony on the eve of the war's ninth anniversary.