- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Barack Obama Items
A Middle American revolution is brewing. Republican Scott Brown's historic victory over Democrat Martha Coakley in Tuesday's special election for the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts has sent shock waves across the political landscape.
A year ago, Medea Benjamin, co-founder of anti-war protest group Code Pink, was seated on the Capitol's West Front, 100 feet from the inauguration stage, watching Barack Obama be sworn in as president.
As a general rule, diagnosis should precede treat -ment, but last week, we saw in both the legislative and executive branches examples of the treatment-before-diagnosis" mentality. In Congress, the first hearing of the congressionally created Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission was held under the chairmanship of Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and former chairman of the California Democratic Party. The commission was "mandated" by law to report back to Congress by December 2010 "with a series of conclusions about what occurred, and recommendations as to how to avoid future market breakdowns. (Disclosure: I provide professional advice to some financial institutions.)
Congressional Republicans just back from a trip to Afghanistan said Tuesday that the Obama administration's approach to the war has confused U.S. troops, leaving them "dangerously" preoccupied with worrying about captured enemy fighters' rights.
Republican lawmakers just back from Afghanistan say the Obama administration's approach to the war has befuddled U.S. troops, leaving them "dangerously" preoccupied with worrying about captured enemy fighters' rights.
Doing one's duty to God and country is part of the Boy Scout heritage. And so too is controversy. As the organization heads toward its 100th anniversary in February, its first century adds up to a remarkable saga.
House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer said Republicans have failed the test of leadership by refusing to come to the table on the big issues facing the country.
Obama administration climate czar Carol Browner on Wednesday rejected claims that e-mails stolen from a British university show that climate scientists trumped up global-warming numbers, saying she considers the science settled.
Obama administration climate czar Carol Browner on Wednesday rejected claims that e-mails stolen from a British university show climate scientists trumped up global warming numbers, saying she considers the science settled.