- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Latest Barack Obama Items
The financial crisis has forced President-elect Barack Obama to begin governing sooner than he'd otherwise hoped, giving him at least part ownership of the issue and putting him at odds with his pledge two weeks ago not to impinge on President Bush's final two months in office.
President-elect Barack Obama's campaign promise to cut spending has been waylaid by the reality of the economy, as he warned Monday the deficit is going to grow.
Barack Obama officially named Tim Geithner as his first Cabinet appointment Monday, nominating him to lead Treasury and saying he would move swiftly to detail "meaningful cuts and sacrifices" to the federal budget on Tuesday.
State officials on Tuesday seized 21 children associated with the Tony Alamo Christian Ministries, taking them into protective custody because they were purportedly abused and neglected.
Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, poised to ascend to House Republicans' No. 2 leader this week, said the Republican Party in Washington is no longer "relevant" to voters and must stop simply espousing principles.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Thursday argued that her ticket lost the presidential race not because of any campaign failures but because "it was not our time. It was not our moment."
During the presidential campaign Vice President-elect Joe Biden predicted, "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy." This wasn't just another gratuitous allusion to the impending Camelot 2.0, but an apt comparison. A new, young president is a standing temptation to foreign powers seeking to find his limits.
President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign's site.
Want to avoid a Hurricane Katrina-style government foul-up? Congress' watchdog agency has the playbook for President-elect Barack Obama to improve veterans' care, avoid a catastrophic health or food-safety emergency and improve the U.S. image overseas.