- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Latest Barbara Items
The longtime Republican leader in the Connecticut House of Representatives announced Wednesday he will not be seeking re-election and called his time in the General Assembly an "incredible opportunity" and thanked his colleagues for making him a better legislator and a better man.
A man suspected of calmly walking into a hospital's intensive care unit and shooting his wife in the head in what may have been a mercy killing appeared perplexed at the attempted murder charge against him when he stood before a judge Tuesday, asking whether his wife was indeed dead.
They got their start playing frat parties at Brown University and doing gigs at school dances and church gatherings in Newport. They covered Beatles songs on Bannister's Wharf, which was fitting enough. They hoped to be the next Fab Four: Bill, Bob, Barry and John.