- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Barbara Items
The longtime Republican leader in the Connecticut House of Representatives announced Wednesday he will not be seeking re-election and called his time in the General Assembly an "incredible opportunity" and thanked his colleagues for making him a better legislator and a better man.
A man suspected of calmly walking into a hospital's intensive care unit and shooting his wife in the head in what may have been a mercy killing appeared perplexed at the attempted murder charge against him when he stood before a judge Tuesday, asking whether his wife was indeed dead.
They got their start playing frat parties at Brown University and doing gigs at school dances and church gatherings in Newport. They covered Beatles songs on Bannister's Wharf, which was fitting enough. They hoped to be the next Fab Four: Bill, Bob, Barry and John.