- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Barnard College
campus stretches along Broadway between 116th and 120th Streets in the Morningside Heights neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan, in New York City. It is adjacent to Columbia's campus and near several other academic institutions and has been used by Barnard since 1898. - Source: Wikipedia
This book tells the story of the efforts to rescue Jews living in France and Italy during the Nazi persecution. Though not as brutal as in Germany and Eastern Europe, the dangers these Jews faced and the large numbers deported and killed in concentration camps is equally appalling.
The New York Public Library's archive is so massive that some of the material has never been seen except on request.
Quintessential American and true intellectual, she brought common sense to the crazy-quilt world of international politics. She gave no quarter to strong men pursuing her agenda to bring down tyrannies, in the process helping formulate what later became known as the Reagan Doctrine.
It is that time of year again - commencement address season. It's the time when everyone dusts off Frost's "The Road Not Taken" from their high school anthologies, a time for secular sermons.
President Obama, whose re-election is counting on support from women and young voters, encouraged graduating students from a women's college in New York to aim high and persevere through life's many challenges, imploring them to demand a seat at the table and work hard to attain it.
Meghan McCain supports Romney's presidential bid