- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Barry Hinson
With their votes due this weekend, Bradley's Geno Ford had an easy solution for how Missouri Valley coaches and media should decide the conference's player of the year this season.
RIP, "mid-major." It was a good run.
All those sages who claim there are valuable lessons to be learned from a loss have never met Ron Baker, the mop-haired sophomore guard for No. 4 Wichita State.
Wichita State funneled into the locker room for some sage advice from coach Gregg Marshall, and wound up getting a little wisdom from Emmy Award-winner Kirstie Alley instead.
Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson couldn't hear himself amid the roar in Koch Arena, so he kept stomping on the floor in a fruitless attempt to get his team's attention.
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) — Southern Illinois was inspired offensively by coach Barry Hinson's return to the bench following a death in the family, and the Salukis shot 54 percent.
Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson said he regretted singling out one of his players in a postgame diatribe that went viral.
The second-year coach's comments came after a 73-65 loss Tuesday night in which his team shot 42 percent, committed 18 turnovers and was out-rebounded 40-29.
Danny Manning's last game as a player at Kansas ended with a national title. He hopes his last game as an assistant coach for the Jayhawks does, too.
A Southern Illinois official says the school has hired former Missouri State coach Barry Hinson to be its new men's basketball coach.
During his nine seasons at Missouri State, Barry Hinson had his way with Southern Illinois.