- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Baruch Fischhoff
"I think what's happened with many of these controversies is that the issues have been framed as, is there a problem or not?" said Baruch Fischhoff, a professor at Pittsburgh's Carnegie Mellon University who studies risk and decision-making. "As opposed to, what kind of gambles do we want to take?"
"There's a deal to be cut that would benefit all sides, and we can't reach it because the distrust is so deep. That can't be good," Fischhoff said.