- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
Latest Bashar Items
Israel's prime minister said Wednesday that the world should not accept what he called a "partial deal" to curb Iran's nuclear program — just as it is not allowing the Syrian government to keep any of its chemical weapons stockpile.
Last week, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) "for its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons." The official ceremony will take place in Oslo on Dec. 10.
Some of the U.S. weapons flowing to rebels in Syria are bound to fall into the hands of Islamic extremists, say analysts and a retired Army general just back from touring the country.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Tuesday that, in order for Russia's offer to help Syria transfer its chemical weapons to international control to succeed, "the threat of U.S. military action must continue to be very real and credible."
The watchdog for U.S. spending on reconstruction in Iraq has words of warning if the U.S. military intervenes in Syria: You break it, you buy it.
Israeli's military warned on Tuesday that more strikes on Syria could be coming if the nation doesn't stand down its missile attacks.
Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it's obvious — Syria's government regime has used chemical weapons to attack rebels.
Israeli officials said the drone shot down Tuesday by the air force about 6 miles off its northern coast most likely was an Iranian-made aircraft that is part of Hezbollah's armory.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta announced Wednesday that the Pentagon is creating a new medal for cyberwarriors and drone pilots.