- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Bay Bridge
There are several well-known bridges referred to as the Bay Bridge: - Source: Wikipedia
After more than 75 years in the shadow of its glamorous cousin, San Francisco's "other" bridge is getting a chance to shine.
Most motorists will have to pay 60 percent more to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge starting Tuesday, when Maryland officials implement toll increases on most of the state's pay roads.
Imagine, exotic tarpon swimming about in Virginia waters. One of the best saltwater anglers along the East Coast, the fishing dentist, Dr. Ken Neill, went to the Eastern Shore where during certain hot summers fishermen in the know hook tarpon from Wachapreague down the coast to barrier island cuts and channels near the Chesapeake Bay's mouth.
If all is found proper and the applications are approved by Virginia officials and the International Game Fish Association, the Old Dominion can boast of an all-tackle world record freshwater blue catfish of 143 pounds.