- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
Latest Bbc Items
Secret documents from the CIA show that senior government authorities in Pakistan not only knew about the U.S. military’s drone strike missions in the nation – but actually endorsed them.
Antje Jackelen was recently elected as the first female archbishop of the Lutheran Church in Sweden, winning about 55 percent of the vote cast by the ecclesiastical college of the Church of Sweden.
Under a France high court ruling handed down on Friday, mayors can no longer refuse to marry gay couples.
A long-awaited international treaty to curb mercury emissions was adopted at this week’s meeting of world heads in Japan, and U.N. members are now lining up to sign their names to the bottom line.
Talk about being in the right place at the right time. When a pilot of a Cessna 172 took ill while flying over England, his only passenger took over and landed the plane — something he had never done before, The Associated Press said.
A spokesman for Egypt’s foreign ministry adopted a defiant tone on Wednesday in response to the United States’ announced suspension of some aid, calling the decision a mistake and issuing a scathing vow that the country would nonetheless continue its quest for democracy.
Leslie Howard and Norma Shearer, Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes and Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey are just a few of the actors to team up and play the ill-fated lovers.
As if competing interests on Capitol Hill weren’t convoluting the government shutdown dilemma and discussion enough, now comes China with somewhat pesky words of wisdom for the White House: Hurry up and solve this.
Call it a case of unfortunate timing. But right around the time Russia President Vladimir Putin was making a televised speech about the “momentous” occasion of the Olympic torch arriving in Russia, the flame went out.