- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Bb&T
George Washington and Penn State will play a home-and-home series with the first meeting in December at the Big Ten school.
Florida and Wake Forest will play in the 2014 Orange Bowl Basketball Classic.
BB&T bank says it will close its Roanoke call center next year. About 140 employees will be affected.
The Colonials (7-1) and Terps (5-3) matchup for the 68th time and first since 2008 in the second game of the BB&T Classic doubleheader Sunday at Verizon Center. George Mason (5-3) and Oklahoma (7-1) tip-off at 1 p.m.
The local team at the year's BB&T Classic with the most impressive résumé to date, George Washington. Whether the 7-1 Colonials face Maryland at full strength on Sunday is the question.
John A. Allison is the former chairman and CEO of BB&T Corporation, where he started working in 1971. Under Mr. Allison's leadership, BB&T grew from $4.5 billion in assets to $152 billion, becoming America's 10th largest financial services company and earning the bank's chairman a spot on Harvard Business Review's list of top 100 most successful CEOs in the world.
Terrell Stoglin was chafing. Nick Faust's foul trouble forced the sophomore to handle Maryland's point guard chores for nearly the entire second half Sunday. In turn, few plays were being called for Stoglin to do what he loves so much, and he pointed it out to coach Mark Turgeon.
The eventual addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse to the ACC figures to strengthen the conference in basketball.
The idea of a home loan with no down-payment requirement causes consternation among some people, many of whom view that type of home financing as part of the bad lending practices that ended in a housing crisis and widespread foreclosures.
"The social responsibility of business," Milton Friedman famously said, "is to increase its profits."