- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Bb&T
George Washington and Penn State will play a home-and-home series with the first meeting in December at the Big Ten school.
Florida and Wake Forest will play in the 2014 Orange Bowl Basketball Classic.
BB&T bank says it will close its Roanoke call center next year. About 140 employees will be affected.
The Colonials (7-1) and Terps (5-3) matchup for the 68th time and first since 2008 in the second game of the BB&T Classic doubleheader Sunday at Verizon Center. George Mason (5-3) and Oklahoma (7-1) tip-off at 1 p.m.
The local team at the year's BB&T Classic with the most impressive résumé to date, George Washington. Whether the 7-1 Colonials face Maryland at full strength on Sunday is the question.
John A. Allison is the former chairman and CEO of BB&T Corporation, where he started working in 1971. Under Mr. Allison's leadership, BB&T grew from $4.5 billion in assets to $152 billion, becoming America's 10th largest financial services company and earning the bank's chairman a spot on Harvard Business Review's list of top 100 most successful CEOs in the world.
Terrell Stoglin was chafing. Nick Faust's foul trouble forced the sophomore to handle Maryland's point guard chores for nearly the entire second half Sunday. In turn, few plays were being called for Stoglin to do what he loves so much, and he pointed it out to coach Mark Turgeon.
The eventual addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse to the ACC figures to strengthen the conference in basketball.
The idea of a home loan with no down-payment requirement causes consternation among some people, many of whom view that type of home financing as part of the bad lending practices that ended in a housing crisis and widespread foreclosures.
"The social responsibility of business," Milton Friedman famously said, "is to increase its profits."