- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
Latest Bechtel Corp. Items
The White House contends that all energy loan guarantees are awarded solely on the merits of the project, with no political influence from President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden or other administration officials. But a series of emails from solar power giant BrightSource Energy Inc. show how the company applied political pressure and used behind-the-scenes cajoling to win a $1.6 billion loan guarantee in April 2011.
The spirited competition between Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley and Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell to bring jobs and businesses to their respective states has moved offshore.
A former U.S. diplomat advised the crumbling regime of Col. Moammar Gadhafi on how to counter its critics, according to documents found after rebels gained access to the regime's intelligence ministry in Tripoli.
All that recent events in Japan have reaffirmed is that we must secure our own energy needs ("Nuclear plant locations across U.S. under review," Politics, March 21).