- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Being
Six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson's divorce from reality TV star Evelyn Lozada was finalized Wednesday, a little more than a month after his arrest on a domestic battery charge, his lawyer said.
About 15 million premature babies are born every year _ more than 1 in 10 of the world's births and a bigger problem than previously believed, according to the first country-by-country estimates of this obstetric epidemic.
Seeing Fred Davis contort his body in midair to catch the football and dart past defenders Sunday was nothing new for those who have watched the Washington Redskins the past two seasons. As a fellow tight end, Chris Cooley knows Davis' freakish athleticism as well as anyone. It has become a staple on the Redskins' practice field, and Davis transferred it to the game to help Washington earn a season-opening victory.
He added, "I suggest, however, that the only non-Kennedys emotionally shaken by his death are folks in their 40s or older; people old enough to have become TV anchors, newspaper editors and politicians. They may truly believe that JFK Jr. is the closest person we have in America to a Prince, but for those of us in our early 30s and under (the majority of the American public), such romantic, melodramatic statements can only perplex us."
"Chad has to work on Chad," he says. "Chad has to go deep down inside and figure out where he went wrong. At what point did you lose focus on what's most important? Like especially the game of football. . At some point I had drifted off track away from that and being one of the best at what I do."