- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Being
Six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson's divorce from reality TV star Evelyn Lozada was finalized Wednesday, a little more than a month after his arrest on a domestic battery charge, his lawyer said.
About 15 million premature babies are born every year _ more than 1 in 10 of the world's births and a bigger problem than previously believed, according to the first country-by-country estimates of this obstetric epidemic.
Seeing Fred Davis contort his body in midair to catch the football and dart past defenders Sunday was nothing new for those who have watched the Washington Redskins the past two seasons. As a fellow tight end, Chris Cooley knows Davis' freakish athleticism as well as anyone. It has become a staple on the Redskins' practice field, and Davis transferred it to the game to help Washington earn a season-opening victory.
He added, "I suggest, however, that the only non-Kennedys emotionally shaken by his death are folks in their 40s or older; people old enough to have become TV anchors, newspaper editors and politicians. They may truly believe that JFK Jr. is the closest person we have in America to a Prince, but for those of us in our early 30s and under (the majority of the American public), such romantic, melodramatic statements can only perplex us."
"Chad has to work on Chad," he says. "Chad has to go deep down inside and figure out where he went wrong. At what point did you lose focus on what's most important? Like especially the game of football. . At some point I had drifted off track away from that and being one of the best at what I do."