- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
Topic - Belgium
As American teen Kendall Jones faces backlash for posting big-game hunting pictures online, another teen in Belgium has lost a major modeling contract after sharing a similar photo.
The British rider abandoned the Tour on Wednesday after the latest in a series of crashes. His second spill of the day during rainy Stage 5 prompted a hobbled Froome to climb into the back seat of a Team Sky support car and give up the race.
Can Lionel Messi lift Argentina over Belgium in the quarterfinals
Gonzalo Higuain ended a four-game scoreless streak with an early winner as Argentina beat Belgium 1-0 and reached a World Cup semifinal match for the first time since 1990.
America's best athletes tend to gravitate to the American staples of football, basketball and baseball, but what if they had turned to soccer instead?
Tim Howard kept the U.S. in it with an incredible game, but it was not enough to get past Belgium.
After the teams went scoreless in regulation, Kevin De Bruyne scored in the 93rd minute and Romelo Lukaku in the 105th to give Belgium the final margin. A gorgeous goal by U.S. substitute Julian Green in the 107th wasn't enough, and the Americans' last efforts fell short.
Despite an incredible performance from goalkeeper TIm Howard, the U.S. was eliminated from the World Cup in a 2-1 loss to Belgium in extra time
The U.S. made two changes from its 1-0 loss to Germany. Geoff Cameron, who started the first two games in central defense, replaced Kyle Beckerman in defensive midfield. Alejandro Bedoya, who also started the opening two games, was back in right midfield in place of Brad Davis.
Nothing was easy for the United States at World Cup 2014. From the Group of Death to a tough travel schedule, the Americans had challenges, but no excuses.
The United States takes on Belgium for a chance to reach the quarterfinals for the first time since 2002.
A Waffle House in Norcross, Ga., has jumped aboard the World Cup bandwagon, telling diners in a Twitter post that they ought to boycott Belgian waffles — a directive aimed at supporting America's soccer team as it takes on Belgium on Tuesday.
USA takes on Belgium in the Round of 16.
The impact of heat and fatigue on Muslim soccer players fasting for Ramadan could play a key role in the final score of Tuesday's World Cup match between undefeated Belgium and Team USA.
They know the eyes of the United States will be on them from thousands of miles away, and they say they are ready. The Americans try to reach the World Cup quarterfinals for the first time since 2002 when they play Belgium on Tuesday.