- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Ben Cardin
Concerns about the sediment-filtering capacity of a dam on the lower Susquehanna River in northeast Maryland and related environmental issues must be addressed in the broader context of trying to improve water quality efforts throughout the Chesapeake Bay region, officials said Monday at a U.S. Senate field hearing.
U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin plans to visit Chesapeake College to talk with culinary students, educators and business leaders.
U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin is pushing a conservation bill favoring the Baltimore oriole and other migratory birds.
Sen. Ben Cardin said it’s quite appropriate in the current government shutdown situation to sling around words like “hostage” and “ransom,” while suggesting House Speaker John Boehner ought to surrender to Democratic demands.
A key Democratic senator said Wednesday the collection of phone records and other mass data is "well understood," but there is room to discuss the broader implications of the spying programs.
Virginia GOP appears to have slight edge in state Senate races; D.C.teen shot on Halloween dies; Cheverly ends deal with speed-camera company after inaccuracies; Chairman Brown talks ethics reform on TV; District's War Memorial to reopen Thursday; Conservancy releasing new grade on Potomac water quality; GOP Bongino filing today for Maryland Sen. Cardin's seat; Currie acquitted; Groups make bids for slots at Rocky Gap in Western Maryland.
The last time Maryland had a Republican senator, Ronald Reagan was president and now-U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin was serving his first term in Congress. But that history hasn't deterred ex-Secret Service agent Dan Bongino from entering next year's Senate race.
Exclusive: Gonzales poll today on O'Malley, Cardin reelection; No. Va. state Sen. candidates debate taxes, abortion; One missing in Bay plane crash; Teachers union press McDonnell for salary increases; District homicides below 2010 rate; Winds delay Washington Monument inspection; Sun: One proposed redistricting plan would help GOP Rep. Andy Harris.
"My colleagues say things that are just not true," Mr. Cardin said. "Look at the facts."
Sens. Barbara A. Mikulski and Ben Cardin, both Democrats, say Obama has nominated Pamela A. Harris of Potomac, Maryland, to fill the vacancy created when Judge Andre Davis took senior status in February.