- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Ben Smith
Michael Hastings, a 33-year-old journalist who grabbed national headlines for reporting on Gen. Stanley McChrystal's criticisms of President Obama for Rolling Stone magazine, died Tuesday in a fiery car crash in Los Angeles.
The Chicago Blackhawks needed all their offensive weapons against the Bruins' smothering defense and goalie Tuukka Rask. Instead, they lost one of their best before the game.
Marian Hossa is one of the Chicago Blackhawks' top scorers, with three game-winning goals already this postseason.
Hossa's surprise scratch from Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals — and the one-word explanation, "upper," for the part of his body that was injured — is part of a long-running cat-and-mouse game NHL teams play on the theory that any information about injuries is a competitive disadvantage.
The Chicago Blackhawks have scratched forward Marian Hossa from Monday's nights Stanley Cup finals game against the Boston Bruins.
On Tuesday night, the always enterprising Sen. Marco Rubio journeys to the 201 Bar for a chat with Ben Smith, editor-in-chief of the cheeky and clever BuzzFeed.
A Polish man who defaced a Mark Rothko painting in London's Tate Modern gallery with black ink to promote an obscure artistic creed was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail.
Picture this: Newt Gingrich discussing national health care, arguing for wealth redistribution and an individual insurance mandate, all while sitting next to Hillary Clinton, the whole discussion caught on videotape. A sneaky, fact-fudging attack ad, unleashed by a rival presidential contender or enemy super PAC? Not exactly.
Detroit Pistons center Ben Wallace was sentenced Tuesday to a year of probation but avoided jail time on drunken driving and gun possession charges stemming from a September traffic stop in suburban Detroit.
Detroit Red Wings rookie defenseman Brendan Smith has been suspended for the first five regular-season games for an illegal hit to the head of Chicago forward Ben Smith.
"We are shocked and devastated by the news that Michael Hastings is gone," said BuzzFeed's editor in chief, Ben Smith, in a statement on the news site around 7 p.m. Tuesday. "Michael was a great, fearless journalist with an incredible instinct for the story, and a gift for finding ways to make his readers care about anything he covered from wars to politicians."
"I was here and ready to ride the bike and work out," Smith said.