- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Ben Zobrist
The Tampa Bay Rays put switch-hitting second baseman Ben Zobrist on the 15-day disabled list Thursday because of a dislocated left thumb.
Jake Odorizzi did his job on the mound backing up what David Price did the previous night for Tampa Bay.
Tampa Bay second baseman Ben Zobrist has left the game after dislocating his left thumb in the fifth inning against Seattle.
Wei-Yin Chen pitched better than he had all season, and Tampa Bay Rays right-hander Chris Archer was never worse.
Wil Myers left the game in the third inning with a bruised right quadriceps, and Ben Zobrist doubled, scored a run and drove in a run as a Tampa Bay Rays split squad beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-3 on Saturday.
Edwin Encarnacion hit a two-run homer in the Toronto Blue Jays' 5-4 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday.
Ben Zobrist, Desmond Jennings and Matt Joyce homered to help the Tampa Bay Rays beat the New York Yankees 5-4 on Wednesday.
Philadelphia Phillies starter Roberto Hernandez allowed one hit in three shutout innings against his former team in a 6-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday.
One ball fell between two outfielders. Another took a bad hop off the Green Monster standings. One batter reached safely on a dropped third strike and another when the pitcher was slow to cover first.
Detroit Tigers pitcher Rick Porcello was suspended six games Tuesday by Major League Baseball for throwing at Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Bay Rays.
Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon signed the lineup card for Joe Nathan's 300th career save and gave it to the Texas Rangers closer.
196 over his previous 29 games. ... OF Coco Crisp and SS Jed Lowrie returned to the A's lineup simultaneously after missing games with sore necks. . . . Tampa Bay 2B Ben Zobrist said he still has some inflammation in his dislocated left thumb but hopes to return around May 30. ... Rays RHP Jeremy Hellickson (arthroscopic right elbow surgery) threw 34 pitches during his first batting practice session and expects to return before the All-Star break. ... Oakland LHP Scott Kazmir (5-1) will face Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (4-4) Friday night in Toronto. ... Tampa Bay RHP Chris Archer (3-2) and Boston RHP John Lackey (5-3) are Friday night's scheduled starters.
Zobrist said having the thumb put back in hurt more than jamming it originally.