- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
Latest Ben Zobrist Items
Jose Lobaton hit a solo home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning into the giant fish tank beyond the center-field wall, and Tampa Bay staved off elimination once again by beating the Boston Red Sox 5-4 Monday night.
The Boston Red Sox scored five runs in the fourth inning, taking advantage of Tampa Bay's bad luck and bad defense to beat the Rays 12-2 on Friday in Game 1 of the AL division series.
One ball fell between two outfielders. Another took a bad hop off the Green Monster standings. One batter reached safely on a dropped third strike and another when the pitcher was slow to cover first.
The Rays face another do-or-die game Wednesday night at Cleveland in the AL wild-card game. Tampa Bay is in the playoffs for the fourth time in six seasons.
Detroit Tigers pitcher Rick Porcello was suspended six games Tuesday by Major League Baseball for throwing at Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Bay Rays.
Mike Napoli drove in the winning run with a two-out double in the ninth inning and the Boston Red Sox completed a three-game sweep of the light-hitting Tampa Bay Rays with a 3-2 win on Monday.
Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon signed the lineup card for Joe Nathan's 300th career save and gave it to the Texas Rangers closer.
Adam Jones doubled in the tying and go-ahead runs in the eighth inning, Eric Hosmer hit a three-run double in the ninth and the U.S. scored seven times in the last two innings to beat Canada 9-4 on Sunday.
Manny Machado blooped an RBI single barely ahead of left fielder Matt Joyce's desperate drive with two outs in the 14th inning and the Baltimore Orioles beat Tampa Bay 3-2 Thursday, completing a three-game sweep and remaining atop the AL East.