- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
Latest Benghazi Facility Items
"Terrorists murdered four Americans, we demand the truth," reads a terse new petition for White House transparency on the Benghazi attacks, organized by the American Center for Law and Justice and signed by 77,000 people. "President Obama: With continually changing stories and inaccurate accounts, the American people have been misled. Terrorists attacked American soil —; our embassy — we need the truth and accountability," the petition says.
The State Department's top spokeswoman said Wednesday that she and others at Foggy Bottom are "crossing our fingers" in the hope that Congress will come through with requested funds for security improvements to U.S. diplomatic posts around the world.
While our country spent Sept. 11, 2012, remembering the terrorist attacks that took place 11 years earlier here at home, brave Americans posted at U.S. government facilities in Benghazi, Libya, were fighting for their lives against a terrorist assault.
TAMPA, Fla--This is the hometown of U.S. Special Operations Command, at nearby MacDill Air Force Base. This headquarters dispatches our military's special operators -- Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines -- on missions in the most difficult and dangerous places on earth.
The Obama administration for the first time Wednesday acknowledged that last week's assault on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was a "terrorist attack," as lawmakers on Capitol Hill raised questions about security at the consulate and asserted that the attack should have been anticipated by intelligence and counterterrorism agencies.