- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Benjamin Carson Items
Dr. Benjamin Carson fought back against his critics on Fox News' "America Live" Tuesday, saying that he's no "Uncle Tom."
The editorial "A doctor's health care prescription" (Feb. 25) praises Dr. Benjamin Carson for his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast because he "challenged political correctness, demanded a better educational system, urged enactment of a flat tax and made a case for health savings accounts ... which would replace Obamacare."
Recently, a world-renowned neurosurgeon was a guest speaker at the National Prayer Breakfast. Dr. Benjamin Carson's address of just 27 minutes was filled with more inspiration, love of country and uplifting words than we have heard from President Obama in the past four years ("Conservative Dr. Ben Carson speech upstages Obama at prayer breakfast," Web, Feb. 8).
Move over President Obama. Conservatives are not talking so much about the president's address at Thursday's National Prayer Breakfast, but rather remarks from Dr. Benjamin Carson, a black pediatric neurosurgeon with Johns Hopkins Hospital who took over the stage for 25 riveting minutes.