- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
benjamin l. cardin
Latest benjamin l. cardin Items
The chairman of a congressional human rights panel Wednesday condemned the crackdown on pro-Western protesters in Ukraine on the eve of an international civil rights conference in the Ukrainian capital of Kiev, gripped in a showdown between riot police and thousands of demonstrators.
When Peter Beilenson and his bare-bones staff spread the word about President Obama's health care law, a series of discouraging themes emerge.
The top two challengers in Maryland's U.S. Senate race are hoping to unseat Democrat Benjamin L. Cardin, but they are spending much of their time battling each another.
When Maryland leaders redrew the state's congressional map last year to give Democrats a better shot at winning the long-conservative 6th District, observers predicted it would yield the state's most competitive race of the 2012 election season.
Maryland state Sen. C. Anthony Muse announced Thursday he will challenge U.S. Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin in the state Democratic primaries, giving the incumbent perhaps his most formidable opposition of this year's election cycle.
Maryland Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin is reporting he has raised more than $700,000 in the last three months.
Moscow is preparing a list of U.S. officials it will ban from Russia in retaliation for a White House policy to keep Russian human rights abusers out of the U.S.
Maryland Delegate Pat L. McDonough, a Baltimore County Republican who helped lead a successful petition drive against the state's Dream Act, announced Thursday he will run for Congress or Senate next year.
An attack on a Russian opposition leader who testified before Congress last week has refocused attention on a bill to impose a U.S. travel ban on dozens of Russian officials suspected of complicity in the death of a Russian human rights lawyer in a Moscow prison last year.