- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Berklee College Of Music
Berklee College of Music, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is the largest independent college of contemporary music in the world. Known primarily as a school for jazz, rock and popular music, it also offers college-level courses in a wide range of contemporary and historic styles, including hip hop, reggae, salsa, and bluegrass. To date, 87 Berklee alumni have received 205 Grammy Awards, popular music's highest honor. - Source: Wikipedia
Boston's Berklee College of Music has presented an honorary doctor of music degree to singer, songwriter and activist Harry Belafonte.
Singer, songwriter and activist Harry Belafonte will receive an honorary doctor of music degree at Berklee College of Music in Boston this week during a concert in his honor.
Gov. Deval Patrick is planning to attend a 100th anniversary celebration of legendary avant-garde jazz band leader Sun Ra at the Berklee College of Music.
When a new father from Quincy read that his college buddy's next-door neighbor in Brookline was ill and in desperate need of a kidney, he did what few people would even consider.
Pianist Keith Jarrett accepted the nation's highest jazz honor by ironically noting he was being recognized as a Jazz Master even though he got kicked out of the Berklee College of Music and fired from his first trio gig after someone asked him to "play something bouncy."
When he first started working with Imagine Dragons, music producer Alex da Kid was looking for some inspiration for the Broadway musical, "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark."
The University of Virginia physics professor has jumped head-first into the brave new world of Massive Open Online Courses, more commonly known as MOOCs, that supporters claim -- and skeptics fear -- is on the brink of revolutionizing the way postsecondary education is conducted.
The workweek in the snow-clobbered Northeast got off to a slow and slippery start Monday as drivers encountered unplowed streets, two-lane roads reduced to a single channel and snowbanks so high it was hard to see around corners.
When music producer Jeff Bhasker _ the mastermind behind fun.'s breakthrough _ had thoughts of becoming a musician, the high school student in the jazz band figured he would play keyboard for a talented singer looking to carve a space in the musical universe.
Seventeen leading universities in the U.S. and abroad will start offering free cyber courses through the online education platform Coursera, the company said Wednesday.
The largest independent college of contemporary music in the world has awarded honorary degrees to the Eagles and Grammy Award-winning country singer Alison Krauss at a ceremony in Boston.