- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Bernard Madoff Items
Jurors in the first criminal trial stemming from Bernard Madoff's epic fraud were soon to start weighing the charges against five of the fallen financier's ex-employees after summations wrapped up Friday.
Three of imprisoned financier Bernard Madoff's managers and two computer programmers played a "crucial role" in his mammoth fraud by helping him churn out fake documents to fool thousands of investors into thinking they were worth millions of dollars when he'd squandered their money for four decades, a prosecutor told jurors in closing arguments Wednesday.
Imprisoned financier Bernard Madoff's longtime secretary defended herself from the witness stand Monday, telling a Manhattan jury about a 40-year career working unwittingly alongside a historic Ponzi scheme that began when she recognized through Madoff's stutter on her first day that he wanted a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch.
Imprisoned Ponzi king Bernard Madoff's longtime secretary plans to defend herself from the witness stand at her trial on charges she aided the historic fraud, her lawyer says.
The deadline for Bernard Madoff's victims to sign up for a relief fund has been extended.
A new lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase & Co. relied on a jailhouse interview with Bernard Madoff to bolster claims that top executives at the nation's largest bank for many years confronted Madoff about significant concerns in filings with a regulatory agency regarding his private investment business but always backed off because he earned the bank so much money.
A prosecutor tried to convince a Manhattan jury Thursday that Bernard Madoff's former director of operations was in the thick of his massive fraud, despite his testimony that he was far removed.
Bernard Madoff's former operations chief testified Tuesday that he trusted a boss who "seemed to have the respect of the entire world" during the more than four decades they worked together before Madoff confessed to orchestrating a massive Ponzi scheme.