- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Beth Mattingly
"A lot of rural America was ravaged by deindustrialization," Mattingly said, "as we lost paper mills, mining, things like that."
Conditions were worsening for the rural poor even before the recession battered America, said Beth Mattingly, director of Research on Vulnerable Families at the University of New Hampshire.