- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Betty Thompson
A 23-year-old beauty queen from Wisconsin won the Miss America pageant Saturday in Las Vegas after singing opera and strutting in a white bikini and black beaded evening gown.
Judges and fans of the Miss America pageant have picked the 15 semifinalists who are still in the running for the 2012 title.
Beauty queens from Virginia and North Carolina have been eliminated from the Miss America pageant in Las Vegas, leaving 13 contestants in the running for the title with three competitions to come.
Betty Thompson, who formerly managed the clinic, said the danger is not new: "We had the FBI on our speed dial."