- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Beverly J. Woodard
Latest Beverly J. Woodard Items
A Prince George's County judge on Friday sentenced a Capitol Heights man to life in prison without the possibility of parole for fatally shooting his 17-year-old former girlfriend in Landover.
A Prince George's County jury found a man guilty of first-degree murder in last summer's fatal shooting of his 17-year-old former girlfriend in Landover, an incident that highlighted the mishandling of a felony arrest warrant by the county's Office of the Sheriff.
After a Capitol Heights man was charged in the fatal shooting of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend last summer, sheriff's deputies in Prince George's County admitted to mishandling a felony warrant for the man on a prior offense and failing to arrest him.