- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Bge
One day after having electricity restored at home, it's beginning to seem like a very bad dream: About 81 hours without power, with sweltering temperatures and the contents of a refrigerator-freezer relocated to the trash.
BALTIMORE — Gov. Martin O'Malley is asking the Public Service Commission to hold expedited hearings on a breakup of Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. and corporate parent Constellation Energy Group.