- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Big East Conference
Latest Big East Conference Items
Jasmine Penny made 10 of 11 shots and finished with 26 points as No. 23 DePaul beat 5th-seeded Marquette 100-90 on Monday to advance to the title game of the Big East Conference tournament.
Aliyyah Handford made four consecutive free throws in the final 11 seconds of the second overtime as No. 2 seed St. John's beat third-seeded Creighton in the semifinals of the Big East Conference tournament on Monday.
Katherine Plouffe scored 14 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and made a key block with 7 seconds left as fifth-seeded Marquette beat No. 4 seed Villanova 56-53 in the quarterfinals of the Big East Conference tournament on Sunday.
Megan Rogowski scored 21 points Tuesday night, including 5 of 8 from distance, and No. 25 DePaul dominated Georgetown 91-72 to end its regular season.
Some may have thought Marquette was out of contention for making the NCAA tournament this season, but Jake Thomas and his Golden Eagles teammates aren't buying it.
Tabatha Richardson-Smith of Seton Hall has been named the Big East Conference's women's basketball player of the week for the second time this season.
Xavier point guard Dee Davis played well at both ends of the floor on Wednesday night, helping the Musketeers move back into sole possession of third place in the Big East Conference.
Xavier coach Chris Mack needed only one straightforward statistic to explain his team's loss at Marquette.
Butler's first four home games as a member of the Big East Conference had each gone to overtime.