- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
Latest Big Government Items
A cultural tug of war is brewing between conservatives and liberals over the message of "The Hunger Games." Are the popular teen novels and films a leftist call for the downtrodden to rise up against the rich? Or an Orwellian take on the dangers of Big Government?
Have the federal budget cuts caused by sequestration had any impact on your personal life? How about the 16-day, partial government shutdown?
Conservative writer W. James Antle III has held editorial positions at The American Spectator, The Daily Caller and The American Conservative. His articles have appeared in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and the Los Angeles Times. "Devouring Freedom" is his first book, and I hope it will not be his last.
We may be in the era of Facebook and fracking, but 2013 is still beginning to look a lot like the cataclysmic century we just left behind.
The other day another pundit came to my side. I have been watching this steady trickle of sages joining the cause ever since the spring of 2012 when I pronounced, at book-length, complete with footnotes, "The Death of Liberalism."
Scandals are nothing new in Washington. Just about every president has faced an accusation of misconduct, whether moral or criminal. It should be no surprise that the Obama administration finds itself in the midst of one (well actually three).
President Obama borrows a lot of his ideas from his friends in Europe. The continent's Big Government welfare state is an inspiration for someone who thinks the cure for too much spending is more spending.
Not everything that comes out of the deep-blue left coast is bad. A state that gave Barack Obama a 15-point margin should expect taxes to go up because Big Government liberalism is all about "soaking the rich" and redistributing the result.
Celebrity climate alarmist Al Gore has some competition. Arnold Schwarzenegger has joined the ranks of high-profile folks eager to warn the world about global warming.