- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Big House Items
While Alabama rests and prepares for its rematch with Johnny Football and the most anticipated game of the season, most of the other highly ranked teams will be winding their way through early season tuneups against less-than-daunting opposition on Saturday.
The last scheduled Notre Dame-Michigan at the Big House is Saturday. It's a big game. It didn't need any more attention.
The two programs have never met in the regular season. Michigan beat Virginia Tech 23-20 in overtime at the Sugar Bowl last season.
Michigan's football program has 23 seniors who will go out as winners, a far cry from their first season.
The NHL has canceled the 2013 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
The NHL has put one of its signature events on ice.
Michigan is in the market for an opponent.
Michigan facing another school in a spring game at the Big House?
For the New York Yankees' top minor league players, there's no root, root, root for the home team this year.