- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
Big Ten Conference
Latest Big Ten Conference Items
Penn State football, a longtime powerhouse that was once one of the cleanest, most admired programs in college sports, escaped the death penalty from the NCAA on Monday but was dealt a heavy blow that will cripple it for years to come.
The Big Ten and Pac-12 announced Friday that they were scrapping plans to schedule games against each other in all sports,, with Pac-12 officials saying there were too many complications with football schedules to pull it off.
Gary Williams has made himself scarce around the Maryland Terrapins men's basketball program, which he ran for the prior 22 seasons. He's been busy completing various tasks for the athletic department (for which he's paid a tidy $400,000), working as an analyst for the Big Ten network and, just recently, making weekly local radio appearances on ESPN 980.
Iowa's athletic director says basketball coach Fran McCaffery went too far when he slammed a chair to the court during last week's blowout loss at Michigan State.
It's been a dizzying start to the college football season, not so much on the field as in the board room, where as conference loyalties have shifted (Syracuse and Pittsburgh to the ACC) and trembled (the Big 12).
Big 12 leaders will meet Thursday, trying to find ways to stabilize the conference, including changing the leadership.
Turned away by the Pac-12, the Big 12's most powerful members are trying to find ways to live together again after weeks of hurtling toward a break up.
The trees are budding and the birds are nesting - must be time to sit down and watch some of the least compelling matchups in college football: green vs. white, crimson against cream, blue takes on gold.