- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Bill Gates Items
The effort to get high-speed broadband in every school is getting a boost from the philanthropy of two technology gurus — Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg and Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates.
Just in time for the holidays: Former Vice President Al Gore has sworn off meat, eggs and dairy and gone vegan, said one person familiar with the decision.
In the Information Age, some educators rank the ability to use and program computers alongside reading, ’riting and ’rithmetic as basic life skills children should learn.
Voters kicked him to the curb again at the ballot box, rejecting a proposed statewide income-tax hike heavily financed by Mr. Bloomberg just two months after ushering out two Democratic state senators who backed his gun-control agenda.
President Obama has no concept of accountability. His minions know that no matter what they do, they're never going to suffer consequences for their mistakes, no matter how grievous or embarrassing. Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of Health and Human Services, presides over the biggest flop the Internet has seen since Al Gore invented it. White House press secretary Jay Carney says Mrs. Sebelius, despite spending $634 million on the Obamacare website disaster, still has the president's "full confidence."
Apparently, money really doesn't buy everything. Even Bill Gates, one of the world's wealthiest, couldn't convince a technology engineer to fix one of the seven greatest mysteries of Computer Geek Land -- the infamous Ctrol+Alt+Delete command.
A new book by Diane Ravitch, one of the leading voices behind the reform and testing regime that culminated in No Child Left Behind, now argues we got it all wrong.
One of the founding principles of our great republic is stated in the first line, second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal " The idea of equality governs our interactions and expectations.
Blockbuster businesses start with an idea and an eagerness to work