- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - Bill Gluba
A bipartisan chorus of mayors nationwide is crying foul over a House Republican proposal to slash funding for a popular grant program, warning that everything from job training and child nutrition to homeless shelters and senior care will be devastated.
Mayor Bill Gluba says visitors will enjoy the flowers for years.
"Keith was right. It was a most unfortunate situation," he said. "He is entitled to an apology from the Police Department. It is very, very poor judgment of the personnel involved."