- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Bill Hall Items
Missouri lawmakers appear ready to embrace a proposed truce with Kansas in a long-running business battle that has waived hundreds of millions of dollars of tax revenues in order to shuffle jobs around the Kansas City region.
A fast-moving grass fire apparently caused by a downed power line burned hundreds of acres and damaged at least two structures but caused no serious injuries.
Republican lawmakers say the costs of implementing President Obama's health care law represent a ripe target for money-saving cuts, as Congress fights over the best way to avert an automatic and indiscriminate budget ax set to come down Friday.
Baltimore Orioles outfielder Nick Markakis had surgery Friday for a broken right wrist and is expected to be for three to four weeks.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
The Houston Astros traded second baseman Jeff Keppinger to the San Francisco Giants for two Double-A pitchers on Tuesday. Houston also purchased the contract of infielder Jose Altuve from Double-A Corpus Christi, and Astros manager Brad Mills said he will get significant playing time at second base.
Bill Hall was home in Arizona playing video games with his cousin when his agent called to tell him Freddy Sanchez got injured and the San Francisco Giants might need an infielder.
Hanley Ramirez left in the seventh inning of Friday night's game in Houston with an apparent left leg injury after the Florida Marlins' shortstop was barreled into on a take-out slide at second base.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year: