- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Bill Romanowski
Swan Racing is reviewing its ability to compete in NASCAR because of difficulty securing corporate sponsorship for the two-car operation.
Four-time Super Bow champ Bill Romanowski believes Mike Shanahan to be a proven winner, but he didn't have that chance with the Redskins.
Former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski has signed on as a minority owner of NASCAR team Swan Racing, and his health supplement company will sponsor the No. 30 Toyota this season.
"He had a better relationship with the head coach," Romanowski said of Elway and those late 90s Broncos Super Bowl teams. "[Broncos owner] Pat Bowlen let Mike Shanahan run the football team.
"The head coach has got to have the sledgehammer and be able to set the rules," Romanowski said. "The proof is in the pudding, the dynamics didn't work."