- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
Latest Bill Smith Items
South Dakotans are being asked to consider soil and water conservation next week as part of a stewardship event declared by Gov. Dennis Daugaard.
One of Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's closest confidants announced Wednesday he is leaving the Statehouse to start a political consulting firm.
The fallout from a 99-loss season for the Minnesota Twins has started with the firing of general manager Bill Smith.
Jim Thome has swung back to the Cleveland Indians.
Joe Mauer looked tanned, a little thinner and relaxed as he talked about returning to the Minnesota Twins.
Minnesota Twins All-Star Joe Mauer will be eligible to come off the disabled list on Thursday. But Twins GM Bill Smith doesn't think Mauer will be healthy enough for that to happen.
The Minnesota Twins went through a seemingly charmed first season in outdoor Target Field last year, with the kind of weather luck that is unheard of in these parts.
Jim Thome didn't need much time to determine he wanted to return for a 21st season. His back felt fine, and after 25 home runs in 276 at-bats for Minnesota last year, his powerful uppercut swing was sure in prime form.
The Minnesota Twins gave Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka a warm welcome, trying to make Target Field feel a little less foreign.